Here are our best tips to get you started
Happy New Year! If you have inherited an employer account from former colleagues or colleagues who have moved within your organisation then we welcome you and invite you to call us to add you as a staff contact to the existing account. That way, you’ll be able to post job ads faster as the employer is likely already approved by the unis. You’ll also be able to review your organisation’s previous job history and other details as opposed to operating a duplicate employer account and starting from scratch.
If your organisation has had a name change or any other material updates, call us to help you make those in the most efficient way.
If you’re unsure as to whether or not your organisation is already registered on careerhub.com.au, just call our Employer Support team on 1300 852 112 and we’ll be able to confirm as well as add you as a user to the account.
Once you’re logged into careerhub.com.au and using it:
- You are never compelled to Publish any job immediately. Since changes can’t be made to job details once distributed to the uni job boards (security feature), take advantage of saving your jobs (called ‘Unpublished’) so you and colleagues can tweak / review / refine and then only progress to job publishing once you are satisfied that all details are accurate.
- All jobs posted in the Australian CareerHub network must comply with the Fair Work Act, including stating a remuneration amount. If not, a job may be queried or even rejected by the unis. If you have any queries about the best way to post jobs outside this remit, please call us.
- The default setting for job closing dates is one month, however you have the option to override this. If you do set a job closing date well into the future, be aware that your job may be buried by new jobs being posted every day, and therefore become less prominent. You can also close out a job ahead of its closing date, at your discretion.
- Because careerhub.com.au serves as purely a job posting gateway, we are unable to provide traffic and performance data on job ads. However advertisers are encouraged to request this information from each uni.
- All invoices pertaining to published jobs are saved to your employer account as PDFs in the left rail bar. The default payment method is by credit card.
- Some unis do charge extra admin fees on top of CareerHub’s job distribution fee of AUD$180 incl GST (see which ones in Question #43 here). You can choose not to send them your job when selecting unis to distribute to during the job publishing process. These unis will come back to you separately for payment if they do receive your job.
- Recruiters can request to have Client Manager functionality activated on an employer account for free. It means you can see your clients itemised within your employer account. This feature also works well for employers that need to post job ads for separate subsidiaries and/or brands. Always call us first to discuss the best use of this option.
- Sometimes people contact us asking to update their CareerHub ‘Profile’. To clear up any confusion, a Profile provides an extra level of paid advertising employers can activate throughout the CareerHub uni network. What all users do have when they first register on careerhub.com.au is an Employer Account. To find out if a CareerHub Employer Profile is right for your grad recruitment efforts, just call us or read more about the benefits here.
If there’s anything else that you’d like to discuss or something we haven’t mentioned, please call our Employer Support team on 1300 852 112.